One of the goals of the ISTC is to offer ways for people within the UK technical communications community to interact, through a range of online groups, local events, professional development and training, and its publications.
Network and swap ideas with UK technical communicators
As an ISTC member, you have the opportunity to network, exchange expertise, and stay in touch with the UK technical communication industry.
You’ll find details on these on the following pages:
- Discussion Forums (ISTC members only)
- Events Calendar
- Area Groups
- International Technical Communication
Get involved in discussions about technical communication
In addition to our members-only discussion forums, we have an active online media presence:
- Technical communication discussions on our Facebook group. You don’t have to be an ISTC member to join, but it is a closed group so you must ask to join it.
- Latest news via our Facebook page
- Latest news via Twitter: @istc_community
Free monthly online newsletter on technical communication
The ISTC publishes a monthly online newsletter that has news and information on technical communication. Check out our InfoPlus page for more information on the newsletter and details on how you can subscribe for free.
Volunteering with the ISTC Community
If you are interested in volunteering with the ISTC Community, please send an email to our Community Team Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the ISTC
You can join the ISTC if you are interested or involved in technical communication of any kind.