The Technology Strategy Board have just released their 2013-14 Delivery Plan, the first ‘full-speed ahead’ year of the 2011-15 National Strategy for Business Innovation.
Of particular interest to ISTC members will be the launch + initiatives of the 7 ‘catapults’ – industrial clusters comprised of an academic institution/s + industrial infrastructure + government programmes & funding. Each catapult will drive national initiatives, while being focused in one lead city, as judged most propitious :
– High Value Manufacturing, seven partner centres around the UK (admin : Swindon)
– Cell Therapy, Guy’s Hospital London
– Offshore Renewable Energy, Glasgow
– Satellite Applications, Harwell
– Connected Digital Economy, London
– Future Cities, London
– Transport Systems, to be announced.
Every catapult, and their constituent parties, many of them new entities, will be needing document & media origination, management and maintenance.
If you are not already involved, a good starting point is :