Communicator is the authoritative, award winning, journal for UK technical communicators. It is home to high quality, objective, and peer-reviewed features – current, relevant, and in-depth. Take a look at an article from the Spring 2015 issue.
Communicator is published quarterly, and offers:
- News, current discussions, and reports from events
- Case studies, methods, and technology
- Book reviews and tool reviews
- Articles on the trends, culture, and theory of technical communications, for example: editing, indexing, translation, DITA, content management, social media.
- Tips on writing and best practices
- Community listings, so you can get involved in events, forums, and local area groups
- Expert opinions and contacts
Communicator is free to ISTC Members. The latest issue is Spring 2015 which is accompanied by a special supplement on The Value of Technical Communication. If you aren’t a member, you can still subscribe to receive copies of our award winning journal.
You can contribute
Any technical communicator can contribute – we welcome articles from anybody with an interest in the field. Why not raise your profile by submitting an article?
Communicator’s readership includes:
- Technical authors and documentation project managers
- Business procedure writers
- User assistance designers
- Illustrators and graphic designers
- ILS engineers
- Translators and translation project managers
- Editors and proof-readers
- Web content developers
- Software location engineers
We welcome contributions and advertisements for Communicator.
If you have an article you would like to contribute, please email the Commissioning Editor. For guidelines on contributing, please refer to:
- Contributor Guidelines (Version 3.8)
- There are two optional Microsoft Word templates available:
- Reviewer Guidelines (Version 2.3)
- House Style (Version 3.1)
Award winning journal
Communicator is an award winning journal and recognised as a quality publication. In 2014, Communicator won an Award of Excellence in an APEX Award in the ‘Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Writing’ class. In 2012 and 2013, Communicator won an APEX Award of Excellence in the ‘Magazine and Journals – writing’ class. In 2010 and 2011 Communicator won an APEX Award of Excellence in the ‘Magazine and Journals – print, over 32 pages’ class.