Communicator is the authoritative, award winning, journal for UK technical communicators. It is home to high quality, objective, and peer-reviewed features – current, relevant, and in-depth. To view a previous issue, click on the cover image.
Communicator is published quarterly, and offers:
- News, current discussions, and reports from events
- Case studies, methods, and technology
- Book reviews and tool reviews
- Articles on the trends, culture, and theory of technical communications, for example: editing, indexing, translation, DITA, content management, social media.
- Tips on writing and best practices
- Community listings, so you can get involved in events, forums, and local area groups
- Expert opinions and contacts
Communicator is free to ISTC Members. The latest issue is Winter 2013. If you aren’t a member, you can still subscribe to receive copies of our award winning journal.
You can contribute
Any technical communicator can contribute – we welcome articles from anybody with an interest in the field. Why not raise your profile by submitting an article?
Communicator’s readership includes:
- Technical authors and documentation project managers
- Business procedure writers
- User assistance designers
- Illustrators and graphic designers
- ILS engineers
- Translators and translation project managers
- Editors and proof-readers
- Web content developers
- Software location engineers
We welcome contributions and advertisements for Communicator.
If you have an article you would like to contribute, please email the Commissioning Editor. For guidelines on contributing, please refer to:
- Contributor Guidelines (Version 3.7)
- There are two optional Microsoft Word templates available:
- Reviewer Guidelines (Version 2.3)
- House Style (Version 3.1)
Award winning journal
Communicator is an award winning journal. In 2012 and 2013, Communicator entered an won an APEX Award of Excellence in the ‘Magazine and Journals – writing’ class. In both 2010 and 2011 Communicator has won an APEX Award of Excellence in the ‘Magazine and Journals – print, over 32 pages’ class recognising Communicator as a quality publication.