Short Story Competition
Are you a budding short story writer at heart? Do you love a good ghost or horror story?
The ISTC Community is running its first ever short story competition this Autumn, with a £50 cash prize.
Since Halloween is fast on the approach we thought it would be fitting to have this as the theme. Stories featuring ghosts, goblins, ghouls, vampires and all that’s in between are welcome.
Entries must be a maximum of 2,200 words and must be received by midnight Friday 21st of October 2016. Entries cost £3 for ISTC members (please quote your ISTC membership number on entry) and £5 for non-ISTC members (the price will be set automatically for you, make sure you are logged in if you are a member).
Rules for ISTC Community short story competition
- Maximum of 2,200 words.
- Must be an original story and must be written in English.
- Submitted in word doc via the online form.
- Theme is Halloween.
- Deadline is midnight Friday 21st October 2016 BST
- No limit on the entries but a fee of £5 (non-ISTC member rate) or £3 (ISTC member) for each story submitted (please quote your ISTC membership number on entry).
- The fee is payable when you submit the story online
- Once you have paid the fee, there will be no refunds
- Judged anonymously therefore do not include personal details of the author in the story
- Judges have the final say
- Winner will be notified via email and the winning story will be published on the ISTC website.
- On winning the competition you allow the ISTC to publish this story on the site
- Entrants do not have to be ISTC members but they must be aged 18 years and over